Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Thursday, October 6, 2016

My thoughts on mainstream music...

I always thought because I am an avid lover of the noun: music, that I would always keep up with what is popular no matter if it was during my youth or not. Well, that isn't the case. I have found that the older I get, the less I listen to the radio unless it's NPR or some other indie type program because I really can't grasp the idea of the lyrics in today's mainstream music. Let me preface that by saying how when I listen to music that was really popular when I was a kid, I think, "Wow, that is NOT a good song and I can't believe I listened to it." I enjoy the meanings of songs now. Sure I am a sucker for the occasional catchy tune that is about a break up or something of the like but in my core, I like words.

There is a lot of great music that is still coming out right now but since the question referred to "mainstream" that is what I will address. The musicality of some of it is interesting but as a whole it is all starting to sound the same and relay the same message. NO MESSAGE.

No comments: