Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Charm Man

I wore you around my neck today. This little charm that only charms me because it reminds me of the innocence of our time. Of living life outside of mine. You have one just the same and it's so strange that we are this close but so far. How cliche. The short amount of time I've known you I have yet to see you be anything or anyone other than who you are and the fact that you know yourself well enough to keep a distance to protect me is something I could never forget no matter what happens. THAT is love. Forsaking your fleshly desires and even ones that aren't fleshly and looking out for what's best for the other person. That's a new feeling to conceive. I'm always the one giving something up for what I think is the betterment of that person or changing myself to make someone "happy". You don't put that on me. You've never put that on me. I keep wanting to push you and your charm away because of imaginary reasons I create and blow up in my head but when I look at the facts, there isn't anything that has made me want to change for the worse, pull me away from God, or compromise my integrity. And THOSE three things have always been my downfall. I care too much. You see it. You may see it more clearly than anyone else ever has or ever will, beside my Maker of course. And you never take my kindness for granted. Thank you, charm man. Even though where we lie is in the in-between, it's peaceful there because God is in control.

-A.E.Torres

No comments: