Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Really?

Why does this always happen to me? How many people have I met to learn maybe just one particular lesson from and then we never see each other again or nothing comes of it? SOO MANY. Lo and behold, it has happened again. My stepmom and I were taking a brisk hot Missouri day walk and decided to go the mile to where her and my dad work and as I walk in to the foyer sweat, no makeup, and in workout clothes, this handsome gentleman talks to me as if he knows me. I look at my mom because I've never met this person and she knows everyone so he must be talking to her but he wasn't. He asked me if I'd jammed out on the drums yet. So moment by moment I realize that those are his drums at my parents' house and he is one of the guys my dad plays music and does ministry with! Ok, that's great. I know it shouldn't matter that he was handsome but did I mention that already? And his spirit was so kind and compassionate that I couldn't help but be drawn to it. Anywho...

Another person, another lesson, another experience to add to the books. As I've said so many times before, one never knows what will come of something but I'm open to whatever God has in store.

No comments: