Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I don't want to be proven right

I hate when people prove me right. I hate that I wanted so badly to be terribly wrong but I wasn't. That everything everyone has been telling me for so long is true. That it had to be on what is supposed to be the most special day of the year for someone to see what I had been hoping was a fluke. And what's even crazier is that you really think everything is kosher. Well, at least you pretend you do. You don't know how to give me a hug, or talk to me or look me in the eyes. Your own daughter. I never ask for much. Honestly, I don't ask for anything. I am grateful to have a roof over my head believe me. All I ask is for something from the heart. Even a card from the heart. A single flower. A dollar movie. SOMETHING. But it was too much for you and I've seen it for myself. I was heartbroken. Now I'm angry and I'm sure in a few days I'll just be sad because the father/daughter relationship I've always wanted will probably never happen (unless God does a great work which He totally can) and that my Heavenly Father truly is the ONLY one I can put my faith and trust in. 

I don't want to be proven right. But I was. And sadly, it is what it is.

No comments: