Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

The highly unexpected adventure

So here's how my highly unexpected adventure went.

I was at church, (as per the usual Friday night) But I was going to leave early to go to a spoken word event that's held every month that I never get to go to and my tia seemed to be taking forever to let the kinds play and sing (which is why I waited longer to leave.) I then get to the place and am told, "Oh dang, it's over already because there weren't a lot of people." I was like, "Seriously?" I had a feeling I'd have to read something but didn't have anything with me so maybe I'd get out of it. NOPE. Someone had a smart phone in which I could look up my blog and find something on there. I found something. I wouldn't say it was anointed or anything special. Just an amberism. Then after church I thought a group of us were going to Denny's. (The usual joint) but little by little every one leaves. THEN the real fun starts. I lock my keys in my car. Surprisingly I've never done that before. Again, I was like, "Seriously?" So my friend and his brother were scouring their car to see if they could find anything that could help but because my car is all "high-tech" the usual stuff wouldn't work. The guys were really patient though which I have to say I was surprised by because I'm used to dealing with a brother who's probably lived with me too long haha. My friend calls his gf who has AAA and who ironically, helped my brother with the same problem last year. (I had TOTALLY forgotten). God knew I needed help. I called my dad, he didn't answer. I called my brother, he didn't answer. I texted him and he responds... "Awww, try and hit up dad". AAA comes and uses his high-tech gadgetry to open my car and I haven't been so relieved in a long time lol. And I was pretty sure my friend was tired and not wanting to go to Denny's anymore but he was all for it. So I'm like, "Ok, it's not that late, let's do this". His brother said was going to meet us there. We get there and just start talking. I forgot what it's like to just have nice conversation. Especially with someone who really knows Jesus. I'm used to having to tone things down or explain myself but for once in a loonng while it was just this mutual understanding of the spirits. I'm a talker and I lovvee hear other people talk. I love hearing what's on their hearts. What fires them up and brings them passion. What God is showing them. And I got to do that while being me. Anywho, it was most definitely an adventurous unexpected night. I thank God for it.

No comments: