Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Hmmmm hip hop

Hmmmmm...
Hip Hop
R&B

It's been such a long time since I've really gotten to dig deep into my love of hip hop. My disgust with bubblegum music has kept me much at bay. My past relationship has been a rough one. Going to the club, or just listening/dancing to it was something that was such a big part of who I was at one time. Then I heard a friend playing a song in his car and I know he only listens to Christian music so I asked if I could listen. Then that turned into like an hour of him playing all these songs that took me wayyyy back. And weirdly enough...God was healing me. This joy came back from what I love. Of course I love many types of music but hip hop was always a key holder and I had forgotten. It just made me smile and honestly I was dumbstruck. I didn't have anything to say, (which if you know me is quite rare). I almost started crying because it's just another way of how good God is. He even cares about my love for hip hop to bring it back in a beautiful way.

Sigh....praise Jesus.

No comments: