Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Like a popsicle on the 4th of July

So, I was able to witness a human relationship phenomena today. You know that quote from "Little Rascals" that says, "You make me melt like a popsicle on the 4th of July"? Well, I saw it first hand today. You might be thinking, "That doesn't seem that rare." Oh but it is. A lot of times people calculate  their reactions and emotions even without thinking but this one was completely uncalculated. Purely on the spot and not rehearsed. She had told me that she turns like this when talking to a special person but I didn't believe her. If you knew my friend, you would know she is pretty in control of showing how she feels and is level-headed. She picked up this phone and it was like she was in another world. I haven't seen anything quite like it!

I think I just sat there for a few moments taking in everything I had just witnessed. To many people, it might not seem like a big deal but I enjoy people. Well, let me rephrase that. I enjoy people watching. I enjoy studying people. It's a fascinating hobby of mine. And to see such a genuine display of affection was heart warming. (Despite the situation at hand).

Needless to say, it inspired me. Because I know that no matter how hard someone's heart may be or how hurt one has been, the Lord is the one who can soften it and bring that joy of life and love back into our lives.

No comments: