Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Eyes of fire

When people look into my eyes I want them to see the love of Jesus. The fire of Jesus. It has happened maybe 5 times that I've looked into someone's eyes and they were on fire. It's mesmerizing. I can't imagine what it would have felt like to be the woman with the issue of blood or Mary Magdalene and have those eyes piercing into my soul. I think I would have done exactly what Mary did and spend the rest of my life doing everything I could stay close and worship and minister with Him. And even though I don't get to physically see the eyes of Jesus now, I've seen His likeness in others. I want to be that for other people. I want them to see the light and fire of God inside of me that makes them want to follow the Jesus I love so much. The Jesus who loves ME so much. There is a worship artist named Rick Pino and every song I've heard is so profound. Prophetic. Raw. On the edge. A warrior. A lover. And I saw a short video of him and when you see him you just see the Lord emanating out of him. I was just smiling watching him. haha. But I know that to get that close to Jesus. To have such a profound revelation and impact, that means I must be rid of things that would distract me from His presence. Not out of a religious necessity but like any great artist, author, musician etc. one must dedicate his/her life to their craft. I don't want to be half ok at the gifts God has given me, I want to fulfill everything He has planned for me. The road isn't easy, but it will so be worth it. I'm finally going to sleep now.

Love,
    Amber

No comments: