Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

A special life

Not many people understand.
The life I've chosen to live isn't one that will always be in one place.
There won't be a white picket fence and being home all the time.
There won't be many if any weekends where I can go out.
I've chosen a narrow path.
It's like being a doctor or a lawyer.
I'm constantly on call and many times bring work home with you. Not intentionally but it's on my heart. I've chosen the life of ministry. Whether it's on a stage, or in a church. In a Denny's or on a bus. I am a messenger from the Lord. A worshipper. An uplifter. There are times when I'm with someone and I need to go and do my job. That other person will need to understand. I never want to hear the words, "You talk about God too much" or "Can't we just watch a movie without you overanalyzing" or "You spend too much time at Church". I can't handle it. It's who I am. I've seen too many relationships where people thought they knew what they were getting into when they married someone who was serious about ministry and then people start feeling neglected and unimportant etc. I know there are boundaries etc. Sigh...I guess I'll figure things out whenever that happens.

No comments: