Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Immortals

I have a lot on my mind but not sure if I have the energy to write it all here.

I was watching "Immortals" having to do with the hellenists and Zeus, Athena, Etc. And beside the fact that I LOVE epic films of otherworldly nature, the entire movie, I couldn't help but compare the film to how God uses us. I would probably have to take each piece apart but a big one for me was how the mortals were created in the image of the immortals. At first glance they look the same but very much not. I know that God is a spirit and whatnot but it was kind of nice to put a perspective on it. And also, even the use of a peasant to bring hope to an entire nation. The gods didn't pick the most rich or affluent  man. They saw the the heart of this peasant man and worked with him from there. How much so does God do that with us? Picking people with the most humble beginnings and seeing our hearts desire and the desire to please Him and worship Him, He works with us and through us to be the best US we can be. Those are just a few things. There are so many more. God is funny. We may not have a physical representation sometimes of how things may go down but He will even use a movie about Zeus and Theseus to bring perspective. Thank you Lord :)

No comments: