Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lady at the hospital

Sitting on the floor
Crying
In hopeless despair she puts her face in her hands
I stand next to her
Not knowing the circumstance
I ask lovingly
If I could pray with her
She says, "no, I'm ok".
I stand there
In seeing her pain
Slide down by her side
I look at her
The frustration apparent
I say, "I know this may sound weird but God loves you".
She looks at me and says
"I know"
And I said that I wasn't there to make her be something
I told her that God loved her
That He sees her tears
And that everything will work out
It may not be the way we wanted or expected
But He will
She said that she prays all the time
And I said, "Then you know it's true".
She looked at me with tears in her eyes
Slightly nodding her head
I got up and went to the waiting room
Praying for God to give her peace
I walked back out and away to school
Hoping she would have a good day
And as I walked away
She looked at me
I felt like I was there for a purpose
Like her angel.
Letting her know that God was there
Loving and listening.

1 comment:

Kid Christmas said...

This is a beautiful story-poem. Thanks for taking the time to write and post it. :)