Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Coming to terms

It was one of those nights
They don't happen often but when they do
They hit you like a punch in the face
It wants to take you out

It's weird
Because I felt like I knew it was going to happen
God most likely
Even while I was in process of being
Unreasonably annoyed and irritated
I knew it was happening
And I was pretty proud for not being as bitter as I could have been

But still
I was on the verge of tears multiple times
And I just wanted to quit, go in a corner, and cry
With no one to ask what was wrong
No one to answer to
No one to barge in on my selfish time

But I didn't
Until it was over
Then I found my quiet place
And cried out to the living God
The only one who knew where I was
The only one who knew my state of mind
The only one who could listen
The only one who could help
And I told Him
That He was the God of the universe
And that I wanted whatever grandeur job
Or situation He has planned for me
Because that's all I could muster
Nothing more.

No comments: