Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Sudden Interest In Fashion

 The past week I have been binge watching fashion content and critics. I never in my life have been this interested. My aunts have always been fashionable and I've always been the complete utilitarian with a weird sense of "style". I've been pondering the idea of being into style because the scripture that keeps coming up in my head is, " Don't worry about what you will wear, what you will eat, drink etc." So does that mean that people who are chefs or wine makers can't be following God's will? I just keep thinking how I am finally understanding how fashion is wearable art and meant to express one's creativity or just how they feel. I was watching this fashion critic and he commented about a woman who was Christian and how he went to Catholic church every Sunday and never met anyone chic there. That really hit home. Why is it that there aren't more Christians in the fashion realm? The art realm? Is it because they are seen as vain pursuits? I believe so, but think about it. Anything can be turned into a vain pursuit. Working for a restaurant, factory, school etc. I think we as people put values on different jobs and careers when in reality, even the most "honorable" of professions can be vain if your heart isn't in the right place. All that to say, I love fashion. The wearable art, the extravagant costumy designs etc. are beautiful and sometimes mind bending and it's great and I refuse to apologize for enjoying it. That is all.

No comments: