Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Friday, January 1, 2021

January 1st 2021

 Well, we made it. New Year's Day 2021. 

I got to spend time with my husband's family laughing, dancing, eating and enjoying each other's company. With so much going on I really am taking one day at a time and making the most out of it. Whatever that looks like that day. God works in mysterious ways and I am not going to ignore it. I am creative and there's no getting around it. Am I working in a very not creative job right now? Absolutely. But I am learning a lot and I know it's for a reason. Like anything else I know that everything is for a season. You know what I also realized? That there aren't a lot of Christians in many circles and that Christians usually just surround themselves with each other. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. In fact the Bible instructs us to not forsake the gathering of the brethren. I also read about Jesus having dinner with people the high members of the Jewish faith found to be quite inappropriate. I've found the second half of this year that being a light in places where aren't any, although challenging, are also some of the most fruitful. Having conversations, listening to and praying for those in my circle who don't know the Lord yet but somehow, knowing I am Christian still want to have relationship with me is an honor and a privilege. That is what I'm learning this year. Whether it's at work, within family, an arts community etc. I am a beacon of hope and light through Jesus Christ. He died for all. I can't turn my back.

No comments: