Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Thursday, May 5, 2016

7:05am May 5th

I realized I was beautiful yesterday. No one told me, really. Besides a comment when I told my co-worker that I was going to ride on a Lion through Narnia and he said that you only get to ride the Lion if you get permission and I said, "Of course He'll let me." And the co-worker said something to the effect of, "Oh, because I'm so cute." It was a strange way to compliment somebody but I'll take it nonetheless. 

Let me catch up on a few crazy events that have transpired in the last 3 days. 1. I'm going to continue helping with women's ministry at the church and I'm excited about it. 2. I may have a few side jobs during the summer to help supplement my income. 3. I got asked to be an assistant stage manager for a community project play my friend is helping with that is actually going to pay?! 4. I just found out yesterday evening that I will be coming back next year and that one of my job titles will be Band Assistant. 

I can't begin to tell you how exciting this all is. He knows far more than I which...duh. I'm just feeling like I'm along for the ride. I think I've decided to continue pursuing piano because it is something I truly love and I would rather be excellent at one instrument than ok with a little bit of everything. I definitely want to take lessons to get better and more fluent. 

Let's see...oh and my back is at 80% which is LIGHTYEARS what it was even at the beginning of the week. There are definitely still motions that disagree with it but I could actually teach class yesterday which was very exciting. 

I find it funny that right before all of these pieces of news broke through, I had the hardest 2 weeks of my recent knowledge. Again, things could always be worse but usually when things are bad I know they are my fault. This time, it was things that were out of my control and the actions of others and it was truly testing my ability to forgive and to love those who don't love me which Jesus says is the only true way to test love. How easy is it to love those who love us and treat us well, but the truth come out when you need to forgive someone who's done you wrong. I am still dealing with a situation with a person I need to love and just this morning am asking God how to show him the kindness I haven't been given but maybe he really needs to see. 

Anywho, it's Thursday and an eventful day it will be!

No comments: