Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Monday, April 4, 2016

Day 3 of the 30 day writing challenge...yes, I missed yesterday.

Day 3: Your First love and first kiss

I was 17 and in 12th grade. I had never kissed a boy before nor had I ever had the desire to. I never thought I was pretty enough to be liked and my dad always warned me that boys only want one thing...and boy was he right.

I met him in P.E. class and he would never participate in anything, he was too cool. He annoyed me and looked down on him for his laziness and never thought about him before or after that class-until a friend of mine confided in me that she had a crush on him and I didn't understand it. We all ended up talking and come to find out, he had a crush on me! What? Someone picked me over another girl? I didn't care how annoying he was, all I knew was that for the first time in my adolescent life, it had seemed that I had won!

As life would have it, my family started going to a new church and lo and behold there he was...playing bass and looking as rebellious as ever but always cheerful. I don't know how he managed that but he did and the more I talked to him, the more drawn I was. He was a good guy, right? Just had a rough go at it and maybe I would be the reason for his change. Oh how naive and prideful I was to think that I could do anything about him. I gave everything to him and got a few cuddles and laughs in return. I lost my first guitar and money, dignity and self-confidence because what I allowed myself to be involved in. My first love was also my first heartbreak. My biggest lesson. That's that story- which happens to go along with my first kiss.

He and I had been dating for a little while and nothing had happened. We both were going on a missions trip to Mexico and I was super excited. 1. I love traveling 2. I was going to do God's work 3. I was going with my boyfriend

The kiss. I'm not going to lie, it's a funny story. We were in a white 12 passenger van in the very back and were leaving a work site in Mexico. It was getting dark and all of a sudden, I had the urge to kiss him. I had never kissed anyone and apparently had no shame or thought as to the other multiple people sitting in the van with us but it happened. We kissed...and the world stopped moving, my senses were awakened and I wished it never had to stop. It was beautiful. Inappropriate and poorly planned? Absolutely. But before the world told me what was ok and what wasn't, I had a sense of adventure inside of me that didn't bother with the idea that one might get into trouble. There you have it, my first love along with my first kiss.

No comments: