Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Saturday, April 2, 2016

April 2nd Day 2 of 30 Day Writing Challenge

Since I failed to write on April 1st, I'm making up for 2 days of writing, which is fine to me because I am getting in the groove. :)

My earliest memory.

Hmm... I guess the earliest memory I can think of is taking a picture and I was really cute. I remember driving to L.A. for acting stuff because apparently it was something I was quite interested in and I had a fun personality. I remember auditioning for a barbie or doll commercial and being so excited to be in my yellow outfit and them asking me questions and taking tons of pictures. I remember thinking that the cars on our side of the freeway were there because we all had red lights and the other side were cars with white lights. That must have been when I was about 5 or 6 because the other set of memories was from when I was 6 or 7 and weren't good. It was the time my mom was doing all kinds of crazy stuff like chopping my hair off to look like a boy, locking me in my room because I didn't want to eat an apple and hearing her have steamy sex in the shower with a 16 year old from our youth group...but no one wanted to know that right?

It's crazy how some of the most vivid memories one has are usually the ones that scarred you the most. I think we naturally try to put these behind us but if a question like this is asked, one might be forced to deal with them. I'm to thankful God found me and that Jesus along with His Holy Spirit healed me of my bitterness, anger, sexual confusion and so many other things. In case you were wondering, my mom didn't talk to me for 20 years and then "found me" and e-mailed me. I was very angry at first but I have a clear view of what our situation is and I pray for her often. We have a lot of things in common her and I.

No comments: