Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Friday, January 25, 2013

Crooked smiles

I don't know 
What to say anymore
These words that flow
Are sticking to my throat
The tears they're welling up
But nothing is coming out

Words don't seem to work on you
You slap them
Spin them right back around 
To me
But cracked
And crooked

I slowly lose the reason
Why I deal with all this treason
People only want what's good for them
I thought if I put my wants at the end
All would be well
And all would be happy
But the truth is
No one ever truly is
They smile and pretend
They smile with their crooked teeth
They smile with their crooked words
They justify their means to the end

So I wake up
Here I go again
Leaning on one who is so much bigger than me
Knowing that growing tired
Of doing good
Is a sign to keep going
Keep doing 
Keep loving
Keep leaning
One day
I'll see
That all those crooked smiles
Were just broken hearts 
Enlivened 

No comments: