Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Friday, December 28, 2012

Bold

I have prayed for many people. I don't know how many but a few.
Last night I went to a young adult's worship meeting and the speaker asked for us to pray for each other. I was holding a friend's hand and another girl who was close to me came over. I immediately started praying for her. I didn't try to get a word. I was just praying. I can't even remember now even if I tried. And she breaks down. She starts crying and the joy and unbelief of what was happening on her face was something I haven't seen before. I've seen people cry. I've seen people smile. But most of all, I've seen nothing in the physical. But this girl; this young girl was so grateful. So thankful that she caught me off guard and I didn't know what to do other than give praise to Jesus. The light in her eyes. The hope rekindled. She said, "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear that." And I do remember saying to her, "He is never late. Just when you think you are going to crash, He swoops you right up again." I know that feeling. Of hoping you're on the right path, doing the right thing. For some sort of confirmation. What her response was is what I see in myself. This unquenchable hunger for the Spirit of God. For the glory and the power of God to flow and move through us. Nothing can satisfy that hunger other than the Creator Himself. And it's constant. It's not just one time. Or a few times. It's constant. He fills us up, He pours us out. And on and on it goes. She was a blessing to me. Reminding me of why I'm here. She said, "Thank you for being bold and saying that." I must be bold when everyone else cowers. I must say the things others only think of. If not me than who? My boldness comes from the Lord. My confidence in His love. His goodness, kindness and mercy.

No comments: