Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Oh the vehicular adventures of my life...

Well, usually my only complaint would be about how I used to be able to put 10 bucks in my tank and it would last me all week and now it barely notches the little lever up on the gauge.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, my saturn has taken a crap. Well... from what the mechanic has said and from what even I've felt, it's been a long time coming. Ever since I had the car it's had an overheating issue and whatever my dad would do to fix it (God bless him) would only last a couple months until something else happened. So finally, I take my car to get an oil change and they won't change it because something is definitely wrong. So the next day I take it to the mechanic and after waiting for 2 hours (eh, I didn't mind...I took a nap on their couch) was told that it is my head gasket and that it'll cost me 1200 to fix it. I'm like ummmm...ok.

The guy couldn't start the car but thank God, it started up for me and I drove it home where it proceeded to never want to start again. I was overwhelmed. It was just another addition to this month that started out suuuuppper crappy. My dad has had his own personal stuff going on and the last thing I wanted to do is burden him with something else. But there was NOTHING I could do. So I started coming to terms with taking the bus and gettin my bike back up to snuff.

My grandpa got wind of what was going on and was totally like, "Amber needs a good car." I'm like...huh? I'm so used to getting used stuff that this unfortunately isn't new for me. (The whole car breaking down thing) I am definitely grateful for everything I have because where I live, public transportation is pretty much null and void. So next thing I know, my grandpa is talking about getting me a new car and even gets one of the pastors from church to look for a car for me. And this is all pretty much without my knowledge (my aunt tells me stuff). I just cried because cars are just something I've never been good at and I'm so used to taking care of stuff that the idea that multiple men who cared about me would come to my aid and be my car heroes is so warming to my heart. And they don't ask anything. All they say is, "God is going to bless you."

And then on top of it. My grandpa is letting me use his jeep cherokee (my car is still outta commision). And if you know ANYTHING about me. My dream car was always a jeep wrangler. So not only do I not have to ask for rides all the time, I get to use a car that I really love. :)

So come to find out, they are replacing the entire motor!! They are also fixing some wheel stuff because the car was super shaky there too. I was like wow! Because the truth is, I like my car. I always had plans to get the sun roof fixed and a new hood and get it repainted etc. etc.

God ALWAYS takes care of His kids. And usually in a way you don't expect because well... He is God and do things differently 1000 different ways.

I'm writing this to encourage anyone out there who feels like God won't pull through. He will. It may not be what you expect but He will. And also for me because there will be another time that I feel hopeless and I can come back and read this to remind myself of God's goodness. :)

Nighty Night Bloggers

No comments: