Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Mean Girls

Wow... so what happened today......
Well, I had just met up with a friend I knew in my short stint at Bible School
Now he's a youth pastor here in town and we wanted to catch up
We did, we met for lunch a few days ago and I had him come by the church and see our Children's Church stage and what we were doing for the kids for VBS.
I asked him to help and everything was fine.

Anyway, he told me about going to see a movie on Sunday after church with some of his youth.
It sounded good so I took a friend of mine from church with me. Mostly because I know I don't do well in group settings haha

Sure enough, I get there and he came with a girl who I've seen him with before. When I first saw them together she was very protective over him. I thought they were together. Apparently they aren't. Anywho, when we walk into the theatre there are 3 teenage girls from his church and him. I was going to sit next to him but felt so awkward about the girl that I left the seat next to him open as to not offend anyone. It was the weirdest most awkward situation I've been in. And if anyone knows me, I've been in some PRETTY awkward situations.

It really did feel like mean girls. I felt like I was in my band again with girls getting crazy when they don't know me or have never met me. And I was 18 then. Sigh...

My friend noticed everything, even more than me. I went to the movies to see a friend and ended up feeling like the 5th wheel and trying to intrude. What's crazy is that I'm pretty sure he has no idea or that he's ignoring it so he doesn't have to deal with it. Even he was awkward. Anyway, I'm going to end up talking to him about it because for his sake he needs to know what's going on.

Anywho, not very poetic but very interesting to say the least.

No comments: