Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Long Time Coming

I believed every word
No matter what they said
I believed every word
Thought the best was to be had

When everyone around me
Tried to warn me
I refused to see it
I was too in love
Too blind

And unfortunately
You didn't love me
Your words lasted longer than I wish they had
The power I gave you 
Was bad bad bad
And my lack of confidence didn't help
Thinking you were the best 
I couldn't possibly risk losing you…
right?

You let me go
Without letting me know
Until one day you show up
The evidence on your neck…
what was I thinking
My heart sinking

I tried to stay mad but really…
I gave you the power.
And I finally took it away.
I am me. 
And I pray for your best
I have moved on.
You aren't the one.

Amen.

No comments: