Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Weird

I haven't been to a wed night service at my church in....years.
I know that the Lord has been urging me to go but I always make an excuse.
And really, it's just my expectations aren't very high.
I keep thinking I'm not there for "fun".
But God is like, "Really Amber, yes you are here to build a solid foundation and strengthen your walk but NO FUN?!"
And He proved me wrong tonight.
He had me step out in a way I never wanted to do again for fear of rejection or opinions.
But I knew I had to be obedient.
So I was.
And guess who He sends over for confirmation.
Because I did ask God for confirmation so I knew it wasn't out of line. HA
He sends my old boss.
The one I was angry with, and had a bad taste for and all kinds of stuff.
And you know what??
It was beautiful.
It's like I was there while he was talking to me and I was listening but I was really thinking the whole time... "wow, really? Is this for real?"
And it was.
And God knew.
He didn't just send anybody.
OH NO.
He sent the LAST person at church I would expect to say anything positive to me in a real way.

Needless to say, God wants me at church for a reason.
And I love Him for pushing me out of my comfort zone.
Oh wait, maybe I should be careful what I ask for ;)

No comments: