Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Midnight Journals Primer

We want to know so badly everything we can about everything, that we lose the simplicity of living. Love. Kindness. Caring. If we know everything than what else is there to wonder about? We make fun of simple minded people but really, they are laughing at us. Take myself for example. Analytical, and OCD at some points. About everything. And yet, it's when I'm not trying to make something happen, when I'm least expecting something or someone, is when I find my greatest joys and pleasures. When I just do something that should be simple wimple without thinking about it so much. Those are my greatest joys. My greatest joys are when God gives me His smirk and say, "See, I told ya so ;)" By over thinking, I set myself up for a possibility of me being wrong. Therefore not doing, saying, being who and what I really am.

The joy of sitting on a deck on a summer night smoking a cigarette and looking at the moon. No noise but the crickets, the wind, and cars driving by a nearby street. Just me and God. No pressure, no having to put on a happy face, no pleasing anyone. Sanity is what I call it. To learn to be at peace all the time. Looking at the joy and comedy of it all, even when no one understands. That IS who I really am.


It's a full moon, you don't need to add or change anything because what's there is more than enough. It has its cycles, sometimes it's as clear as tonight and sometimes it seems like it isn't there at all... but the truth is, it's always there. Just because we don't believe it doesn't mean it isn't there. That just means, when it's dark, we have to know that the moon will be full once again and light our way through the darkest of nights. Again and again and again.

No comments: