Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

It doesn't feel bad.

So where to begin???
I have spent the last 2 days reveling over the beauty of true love.
Of a friend, who, like myself, has never been one to LOOK for love.
A friend who I trust and respect greatly...and now she is getting married.
And for some reason, I wanted to play down my feelings about him.

And she called me on it.
Well, actually, she asked the right question.
Someone asked me, "Are you seeing seeing someone?"
And I didn't reply the way I wanted to.
The way my heart wanted.
I sounded a disappointed
I said, "Yeah, I'm talking to someone"
My heart was hurt
But I didn't know what to do
I didn't know what to say.

I talk to my friend and she said,
"Hey, you feel how you feel, don't try and hide it...it could kill"
So I'm gonna take her advice. Not everyone needs the details.
I get excited when i mention his name.
It makes me light up.

But when something isn't and I wish it were the right time.
When I don't know how to explain it...
I just want to forget it and sigh.
I don't want to explain to people
I don't want to feel bad for loving someone
I don't want to feel like my feelings are "less than"
And now I realized, I don't have to.

I can't make people understand
And I don't have to explain details to everyone who asks
I don't feel bad for something that ISN'T bad.

No comments: