Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Friday, June 12, 2009

I'm not comfortable

So. I have been in a battle for a long time. Be me? "Of course" you say. But is it really as easy as it sounds?

Isn't it true that the people who society would call, "crazy, eccentric, loud, boistrous, obnoxious and weird", are usually the same people who really ARE themselves. Who really have come to the conclusion that there is no point living on this earth trying to live up to or down to in some cases, rules and regulations that "society" says is appropriate. Now I'm not talking about being rude. Although, many people are taken that way. If someone doesn't respond in the way your brain has been conditioned to respond, then something HAS to be wrong with them.

I know people personally, who just because they don't freak out over every situation and don't get riled up when someone expects them to, get a title put on them. Lazy, apathetic...etc. When in reality, they just know better than most and choose to understand what is really worth the energy and what is just a waste of time.

Me for example. I go up to random people and pray for them. People automatically say, "oh, she's brave". When in reality, I'm just obeying what God asks and staying very humble...because I KNOW where my source is. But because things like that don't happen in the "norm", people want to see me as special. When in reality, I'm being what really SHOULD be NORMAL.

My favorite teachers in college thus far have been those who stay true to themselves, my english teacher, my art history teacher. They were what a lot of students said were crazy and eccentric but they were just being them. Being excited about life and not caring what we thought. I Respect that.

I really think if people weren't afraid to be who they were supposed to be, NOT being yourself would be considered, "weird". Will we ever live in a world such as this, most likely, no. But it's a nice thought. And I can do my part.

But that's why I say, is it easy? Oh, just be yourself?!
There are sacrifices both ways, you get to decide which to choose...
Going on for the rest of your life playing it safe, blending in, not being thought weird or eccentric? Or living life to the fullest, exploring YOU, seeing life for what it was really supposed to be, but be called crazy, off the rocker and weird.

I make a decision every moment of everyday.
Either I will do what I know I'm supposed to and what is true to me?
Or I do what is expected of me and what everyone else is comfortable with.

You Decide.

No comments: