Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Minimalist

I would consider myself a minimalist. I don't like having things I don't use on a regular basis, I don't have a need for the latest and greatest. If it works, why would I need a new one? Sometimes I don't understand others' needs for buying things all the time. Maybe it's becasue I'm a college student who is trying to get out of debt and doesn't have a job. But even if I had money, what's the point on spending excessive amounts on something you're just going to want to change in a couple of months. The only thing I do that with is my hair...and even that is store bought from a box.

And having nice things isn't a bad thing. I truely believe God wants us to have good things and not lack. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure you all know what I mean...Gucci from head to toe, a Sport Utility Vehicle for your commute (alone) back and forth to work...and I could go on and on. All I have to say is, let me pay my bills and I'll be happy.

1 comment:

Kid Christmas said...

you sound like a such a missionary already. stick with the basics, don't worry about fashion (too much) because a t-shirt and pair of jeans are always in fashion. go with basic colors, adding a few fun splashes here and there. and purge. purge your closet several times a year. just in case you have to pack tomorrow for an extended stay in Tunisia, you don't want piles of American burdens weighing down your bags.