Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Day 11 of 30 Day Writing Challenge

Day 11: Your current relationship; if single, discuss that too

I'm single. I could go on about this topic in so many different ways but I will discuss it via my point of view right at this moment in my life right now. I'm single and content because I enjoy the freedom and peace singleness brings. I love that I get to spend time in prayer or with the Lord whenever I want and I have no other responsibilities to attend to beside work and ministry. But the Lord clearly told me I am called to be a wife. When you hear something like that and the idea of being married has freaked you out for so long, I can only speak for myself anyway; it causes me to do one of two things. Run in the completely opposite direction of marriagedom (my own word) or to look into every single, Christian male over the age of 24 and under the age of 35 as a potential partner. Now here's what is interesting. If God called me to be single my whole life, that would actually be much easier than being married to me. I understand it, it's more natural and to be frank...easier. I only want what brings God glory and I know that by being married, it is going to bring a whole new set of challenges that are going to force me to rely on God even more than I think I'm doing now. I keep telling the Lord I only want to be with Him and that He is the perfect husband and He says, "I know...and you get to be with me in glory for eternity." That pretty much slapped me in the face because this life isn't meant to just be in the glory of God. We are human and are here to do the work He has called us to and to be a light and if we aren't challenged or in the world at some point, what good is the light He has given me? I'm enjoying my singleness and feel as though I am storing up beautiful moments and memories to draw back on when the Lord asks me to be a wife and it happens in the natural and then all of a sudden my affections and worries are about him and not HIM.


No comments: