Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Monday, April 15, 2013

It is true what they say...

whoever they is. Only you can look out for you. When push comes to shove everyone is looking out for themselves. Now I know this sounds critical and not loving but I don't mean it that way. What I mean is, people only know what they know and THEIR experiences. When you are constantly depending on the approval of others to move forward with something in your life, you will never have the satisfaction of knowing it was JUST you and God. The sad truth is, people are only satisfied for a moment and when that passes they are on to the next thing. We need to find our satisfaction in God. He has no hidden agenda, no impure motives. Everything He asks of us in the end is for our own good. It will bring us the most joy. This is what I am learning. Everyone around me has an idea for my life. What I should be, the kind of person I should marry, the kind of job I should have, the color hair I should get etc. And well, I have an opinion about all those things as well! But my recent experience is that, when God gives me and leads into HIS will, everything else fades in comparison. Nothing else can hold a candle to the joy it gives me. The peace and bliss. So that is what I'm going to trust. No, not the ooey gooey feelings and goosebumps but the direction He is taking me. Because the things He has shown me and given me the honor to be a part of so far has been the most trying situations but when the fruit grows and gets plucked, all that other stuff is forgotten. So it is true what they say, whoever THEY is. Except they didn't take into account the creator of the Universe being on my side. Your Side.

Peace and Love


No comments: