Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Friday, November 16, 2012

Yay Thanksgiving Outfit!!!

Today is our church Thanksgiving dinner. I always usually find something already in my closet that I haven't worn in awhile and schlep it together and end up still looking fine. But today I really wanted a new outfit. I knew that shoes were out of the question because of money tightness but I wanted a dress and tights or something. I thought I knew what I wanted but I didn't. (Nothing new there) I needed to go to Walmart for a wreath hanger for our classroom at the church so I figured hey, one-stop-shop. I also needed to make cranberry sauce and for once I was glad Walmart had a food section.

I look at the women's clothes and bam. This bright blue a-line dress was just highlighted to me. Then I thought, "Bright blue? This is for thanksgiving? Shouldn't I get a brown or grey dress or something" Turns out, there was no grey one in my size and I wasn't going to do black. There was a red dress but I was like "Meh". So I tried on the blue dress and a couple others but when I put this dress on it was like it was meant for me. Very rarely do I find something that just seems perfectly tailored for me and this was it. I heard God say, "Who cares what color you're "supposed" to wear. Wear what you like." And by the way, did I mention it was only $13?

I ended up having fishnet tights at home and Suzi had given me a $10 card for Kohl's. I came home, picked up the card and was off across town to find a cardigan or something to cover my arms. I went with my brother (woo hoo) and couldn't find anythingggg. Then He saw this grey short sleeved short cover that I thought "yeah!" I go to the register and guess what? It's $5. Not even enough to use the card she gave me. I had seen this really pretty bedazzled headband I wanted that Isaiah talked me out of because I didn't know how much everything was going to cost and lo and behold, I was able to get the pretty headband! You have no idea how excited I was. So I only had to spend $1.78 out of my pocket :) So my total for the Thanksgiving outfit was $15. I had the shoes and tights so that helped but I'm just marveled at how good God is. I could have not made the trip to Palmdale and I wouldn't have been totally happy either. I'm glad I listened to that still small voice.

No comments: