Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Evolving

That moment when nothing extravagant takes places but something extravagant just took place.
In one moment to realize that some people are content with where they are and may always live in the past. I'm not saying one is better than the other but what I am saying is that I'm not that girl. I feel like the closer I get to God the more I change. Even from just a year ago or 6 months ago I'm a different person. I'm glad I didn't get married young. It would have been crazy. It works for some people just not for me. I think the word my friend used was evolving. I've realized I am constantly evolving. And I don't think I will ever stop. I think the key is to find someone who evolves similarly to you. Let me explain. Someone who's passions are at an equal or close to equal level so when the Lord takes you to a different glory, they are already there or right behind. Of course things happen in our lives but in general, this should be the case. Because if NOT? One person will be running and the other is lagging behind and that I'm sure gets old after awhile. Especially if they aren't actively seeking the face of God. Of course you have grace and they have grace with you in the moments and times in life where we just aren't "feeling it". It happens. And the same goes the other way, if you are totally a fireball for the Lord and the person you find is happy doing a regular job and having regular friends, there is NOTHING wrong with that! The Lord has a different plan for everyone and that person may get tired of you talking about spiritual things all the time. Either way, the whole "unequally yolked" thing means so much more than just salvation.

No comments: