Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The box I put myself in

How many times have I said
"I hate the box"
"Burn the box"
"Let's tear up the box"
Yet there I was

The night it all happened
And I MADE rules
I MADE laws
I DID THAT

God didn't do it
He never told me to do that

I was hurt
And I thought that was the best thing to do
Little did I know
All this pain I had accrued
Could have been gone
Had I just breathed
And slowed down

It took someone else to show me
What I was doing wouldn't accomplish anything
That I was in a way...
Creating my own pain

That the truth was
I didn't have to lose a friend
I didn't have to shut them out completely
I could still have a friend
I didn't have to lose someone
Who always understands

That timing is everything
And only the good Lord
Knows where it lands

No comments: