Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

So when you look in a mirror...

When you look in a mirror
What do you see?
All day we can look at the mirrors
In which others view us.
We can listen to their amazing opinions
And they could be true...
But what do we see
When we come home
And we are all alone
Do we see beauty?
Do we see strenght?
Do we see Godliness?
Do we see love?
What they say is true
We are our toughest critics
I wonder what would happen if one day
Everyone truly realized their potential
In what God has made them
I believe nothing would be the same
We wouldn't be scared
We wouldn't sin because we wouldn't want to
And we would be beautiful
We would be loving
We would be Godly
The only thing we would be
Is what God sees us as
And when we finally accepted that
We would fall into that role
Not because anyone was forcing us to
But because there wouldn't be any other
Way that we would want to live
What do you see?
When you look in the mirror?
When you go home at night?

2 comments:

Kid Christmas said...

I see a woman of God with a destiny quite beyond herself.

TM in Canada said...

I read these words, and went to the mirror and looked. After awhile I thought to myself, it's not my reflection I should study, I should have reflection on what I see. I am not.. as strong as I once thought, emotionally. I see secrets no-one will ever hear. I see thoughts no-one will ever listen to. I see my limitations that I have imposed on God. Rarely does something make me notice like this... thank you :-)