Don't be afraid...

to look in the mirror and see someone beautiful.

Monday, April 28, 2008

A great realization...

You know how sometimes...well for me, most of the time
You can know something in your head but not in your heart?
Well all of my life I thought I understood
How God felt about me
I knew He loved me
And that he wanted the best for me
But never anything like this...

I went to a retreat this past weekend and it was full of love...
From people I didn't know
People who have been praying for me by name and people I will never meet
People constantly giving me gifts and words of encouragemt

They did this to help give me a physical representation of God's unconditional love for me
That there is nothing I can do to make Him love me more
And there is nothing that can make Him love me less
He just loves me
The way I am
Regardless of the screw ups
That He will do ANYTHING He needs to in order to make my relationship stronger with Him

Of course I had to accept that
That was the hardest part
Realizing that I really had no concept (and still don't really) of the amazingness of God's love
And just sort of learning to deal with the fact that He is God and pretty much unconceivable
Accepting His love and gifts for me
And not being afraid to ask for the things He already knows are in my heart

A great realization
To my heart and soul
To the purpose of my very existence
To the knowledge of a God who has agape for me

1 comment:

Kid Christmas said...

Amberella, how you think and process your experiences with God is wonderful. You get it. And you get it well whenever there is anything to get. The way you wholeheartedly embrace God is what sets you apart. You don't care what...just as long as God's behind it. It's beautiful. I am glad this weekend blessed you.